RushAustin

Friday, October 20, 2017

Life Update October 20, 2017

Blogger is still a thing. Wow.

This is a really sad life update. Lisa ended her life October 10, 2016. I will live with that sadness the rest of my life as will Lucas. It's a year on from that horrible day now and the pain is numbed out but the scar in my soul is still raw and red. So sad. So very, very sad.  Per her wishes, her body was cremated.  We had a memorial for her at Granny's Beach and scattered her ashes in the South Toe River.

We are born from our mother's waters, and today we return Lisa to the great current.
She will be hurricanes
She will be white water
She will be slow dark rivers searching for the sea
She will be clear cold mountain streams falling over ancient stones.

 Despite losing his mom, Lucas graduated from Carolina this May with degrees in Astro-Physics and Math. Sarah also graduated and was selected for a 2 year fellowship at the NIH in Bethesda, MD. She and Lucas moved up to Rockville,MD after graduation. Lucas is currently working for the Georgetown Learning Center, tutoring STEM courses. He has a conditional offer from a govt agency, though he's not 100% sure he will accept if he passes the extensive background checks. He recently said that he's realized he wants to teach Astronomy. I've given him my 100% support if he wants to pursue that. I told him if he has any sense of something he WANTS to do, then he should pursue that. 

I'm seeing Lisa Taylor Rose and that is a very good thing. She is very loving and incredibly understanding and patient with me. After searching nearly 2 yrs, she recently bought a small home in Burnsville and I've been helping her install hardwood floors. We work really well together.

 I opened the door to Lisa DeHart's room this week, just to get comfortable to seeing that space. I will probably start removing her things soon. I sold the Houston Street house in September. The Celo house is rented and the Mitchell County house still sits empty though I've contacted an agent to put it on the market once I get some cosmetic things finished.

I'm still with Buncombe IT.  I do almost no programming any more and it's been a long, hard, adjustment.  I'm not a manager.  I want to make and build things yet we are very focused on creating policies and road maps.   I attended MS Ignite in Orlando back in September.  Everything is moving to the cloud.  I'm trying to imagine the role of traditional Buncombe IT 15 yrs from now.

Mom and Pop got us tickets to see Willie Nelson last Friday night, a real treat.  Willie is 84 but still put on a good show.  His lungs were gone but he can still play the hell out of that old guitar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home