RushAustin

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Live from Ballston Spa

Slept late. Didn't have to meet my contact until 10:00 am. Saratoga County (pop ~250K)the sheriff's department is in the community of Ballston Spa, a beautiful little town with coffee shops, cafe's, a general store and tall steeples. The sheriff's dept is out on County Farm Road. A newer facility (not as new as New Bern, NC). Memories of being a parole officer flooded over me as I approached. The building just oozes JAIL. Luckily, today was Visitation Day. An older lady got caught trying to pass her grandson a baggy of suspicious white powder during their visit. She was promptly charged and arrested. Chalk one up for the home team and yet more proof that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I should send that in to News of the Weird.

Grabbed lots of data. Grabbed lots of screen shots. Saw a competitors products in production. While I was there, a tech from ACS was dialing in remotely to try to fix an issue with CAD not persisting data. They were dialed in via PC Anywhere. We're all doing the same thing! We're all dealing w/ the reality of complex databases and patching as we go.

Drove around Saratoga Springs some this afternoon. What a beautiful town! I've never seen so many Victorian mansions. Downtown was hip and bustling.

I ran outside for a while. I struggled as I'd had pizza for lunch and all of my running since turning 40 has been on a treadmill. So, I ran out and walked back. I didn't run that far. My gut was killing me. Later, I went down to the fitness room here at the hotel and ran two miles and did some time on a stairmaster (which I did not enjoy). On the treadmill, I varied the incline to sim running uphill and downhill (I liked the negative incline.) Got to keep pushing so I can run in the Burnsville Town Scamper on 10/28/2006; my first 5K run.
After, I laid in the hot spa then jumped in the the pool...ah, hot and cold! I should sleep like a baby tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home